Wednesday

The D-I-V-A Has Returned!

Cue Dramatic Music! (Dum-Dum-DUMMMMMMM!)
Poppi and "da gurls" (from top: Libby,
Diva-licious, & Chiquita
After ten plus months I have FINALLY convinced Poppi that my public is missing their Diva.  As is the case in the passing of nearly a year, there have been MAJOR changes in the household - some nice, some not-so-much, and a couple near heart-breaking.
Since I try to keep the tone of my entries light, I will touch on the two devastating events. (1) Mummi's mommy passed away in December, 2014.  For more, read Mummi's blog.  (2) Big Sis, Shaddow, had a stroke in January, 2015, and had to be relieved of all pain.  You can read more in Poppi's blog.
SO, on to more pleasant thoughts.  With Big Sis gone, there was a bit of a void, not only fore me and L'il Sis (Chiquita sez HEY!) but for Mummi and Poppi as well.  So in March, 2015, Mummi adopted Libby, a 5 year old Bichon Frise.  She was rescued from a puppy mill where she was basically a breeding slave and was abused.  She was very scared, shy, quiet, and reclusive when she first got here, but 6 months with us has helped her to blossom.  She loves to play and explore.  She loves Mummi and Poppi.  Heck, she's even started hogging in on my fave - She loves the belly rub.  Now, even though, technically she's older than I am, (I'll turn 5 next month - shhh, keep it secret), I'm the Big Sis in the house now.  Literally.  Libby looks bigger (all that hair) but at 12 pounds only outweighs L'il Sis by 2 pounds!  And Chiquita is a chihuahua.  As Poppi likes to say, GO FIGGER!
Now around the time Libby got here, Poppi retired from Mississippi State University.  He's been staying busy, but he really want's to find a part time job.  He says, just to have a little "mad money".  (I don't know what he's mad about though.  After all, he lives in a house full of young females!  Hee-hee!) 
Anyway!  Poppi has assured me that he will write my pondering for me a minimum of two or three times a month from now on.  I believe him.  Cause if I've heard Poppi say it once, I've heard him say a hundred times, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to worry about keeping your story straight."
Til next time, Hugs, Kisses, and Belly Rubs for ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belly~Rubs! My favorite! Oh, oh! TreeeeeatZ!! My Favorite!! Sweet Words!! My Favorite! Nappage!! My Favorite!!