Monday

History tells us

Chiweenie.  Really.  This Diva is not amused.  Since I like dear old dad, let me quote that master source reference (snicker): Wikipedia.  The dachshund (UK /ˈdæksənd/ or US /ˈdɑːkshʊnt/ DAHKS-huunt or US /ˈdɑːksənt/;[2]) is a short-legged, long-bodied dog breed belonging to the hound family. The standard size dachshund was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals, while the miniature dachshund was developed to hunt smaller prey such as rabbits

Note "long bodied" - If I stood upright I'd be a model.  Also - the miniature was developed to chase rabbits - So a "fast" woman.  (Mom certainly was.)  Mom was the Chihuahua side of my history and (according to Wikipedia again) is the smallest breed of dog and there is historical evidence of Chihuahuas at least 1400 years before the first Europeans showed up on North American shores. 

Hmm - maybe mom wasn't a fast woman.  Maybe dad was just an aggressive European.    Regardless, I find the term "Chiweenie" a little demeaning.  Try to say it without a smirk on your face.  SEE - you can't do it.  So I've been giving it some thought.  What about Doxiwawa.  Not quite as cutesie and, according to Wiki again - I am a "designer" breed.  Much more classy sounding.

Mwwwaaahhh!

Hugs, Kisses, and Belly Rubs for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belly~Rubs! My favorite! Oh, oh! TreeeeeatZ!! My Favorite!! Sweet Words!! My Favorite! Nappage!! My Favorite!!